Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion: True/False Film Festival Edition

Columbia, Missouri's True/False Film Festival starts on Thursday. I've been going to True/False since its inception nine years ago with varying levels of enthusiasm. It's grown so fast that, in recent years, it's been increasingly difficult to do the festival "off the cuff" as it were by showing up and queuing up for movies you want to see. So this year, I finally broke down and bought a pass and made my ticket reservations. Most years, I see a small handful of movies at True/False. This year, I'm going to gorge myself with them.

A couple of days after I made my reservations, something interesting happened. I was asked to blog about True/False for Indiewire. With a press pass and everything. This comes at a time when I'm scrambling for freelance work--I thought I'd be working as a freelance illustrator, but I'll write freelance, too. I'm not proud.

Anyway, over the next week, I'll be linking my Indiewire pieces here. Feel free to pay them a visit. Indiewire is one of the better movie portal sites, and it's an essential stop for anyone who loves movies.

2 comments:

Michele (TheGirlWhoLovesHorror) said...

Do you live in Missouri, too? I've always wanted to go to True/False but never had the chance. They usually have such good stuff to show. Next year, I'm totally there!

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Hi, Michele.

I do indeed live in Missouri. I live just north of Columbia. True/False is a lot of fun. A word of advice, though: If you want to do the festival right, get at least a "Lux" pass. The Simple pass is fine, but it doesn't get you into parties.